Objectives & priorities
The school improvement plan is published once a year and is the reflection of the school's priorities for the coming academic year. It is usually based on feedback from staff, pupils, parents and external bodies eg HMI reports. The plans for Peebles High for this year can be found in what follows.
Meeting Learners' Needs
- Develop a coherent, consistent and strategic approach towards meeting the needs of those young people experiencing difficulties in their learning, particularly those with additional support needs
- Develop S3 courses in all curriculum areas based on experiences and outcomes.
- Design the structure of the Curriculum for S4 – S6
Reporting and recording attainment and achievement
- To develop and Implement a Strategic Approach to the Planning and Delivery of Assessment and Recording of Pupil Achievement.
Learning & Teaching
- Engage pupils in meaningful discussions about how to improve in each of their subjects with staff and parents.
- Assure the quality of learning and teaching with a specific focus on active learning and taking prior learning into account.